QUICK-APPLIED REINFORCEMENT FOR PIPES
SnapWrap™ is a multi-layered system of high-strength, corrosion-resistant fiberglass that forms a composite split sleeve. Designed for repair and reinforcement in tight quarters, on pipe that is difficult to access, and on subsea pipe, it is installed with a high-performance adhesive and filler material and works best on pipe operating to <1,000 psi.
The split sleeves of SnapWrap™ can be applied quickly and easily even in challenging environments, such as underwater, in splash zones, and on pipe racks with limited clearance, and require no cutting, welding, or special tools.
This multi-layered high-strength, corrosion-resistant sleeve is coated internally with a high-performance adhesive and filler material combination designed to bond with the mother pipe. For underwater repairs, a diver can swim to the subsea pipe, place the prepared lightweight SnapWrap™ sleeve on the pipeline and secure it until it is properly cured for a durable repair. The diver can return to the surface for the next section and continue the process until the damaged pipe is completely restored.
- Made from durable pre-tensioned e-glass fibers
- Sized to fit standard pipe diameters
- Designed with unique “wrap-around” shape
- Available in 4-inch through 56-inch diameter kits
- Can be installed underwater
- Available in a high-temperature system
- Meets standards of internationally recognized repair codes
- Is a 50-year DOT-accepted repair system for high-pressure transmission pipelines
- Conforms to ASME PCC-2 and ISO 24817
- SnapWrap™ eliminates unplanned down time
- Extends the life of aging and corroding assets
- Prevents future external corrosion
- No pipe cutting or welding
- No special tools to install
- No environmental hazards
- No hot work